In addition to using Tramadol, it is significant to take it properly. To make sure you use it right, you should consult with the medical professionals. There is no one long list that notes that these medications can be mixed with Tramadol, and these drugs can’t be taken with the indicated pill. A medical expert would tell you either to avoid certain medications together with this painkiller or change the time of its intake.
What type of medication can cause a negative effect on Tramadol?
When Tramadol is mix with over-the-counter prescription medications or herbal supplements, it increases the possibility of interactions. We have listed some of the drugs that can cause a negative effect on Tramadol.
- Antidepressants, including Vanatrip, Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Luvox, Pamelor, Tofranil etc.
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Medications for the treatment of allergy and cold
- Anti-seizure drugs
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxants
- Other painkillers
What can happen if Tramadol is mixed with these drugs?
- When Tramadol is combined with anti-anxiety drugs, sedatives, anti-allergy drugs, miorelaxants or anti-seizure drugs, it can enhance drowsiness.
- It is also possible that a patient would get affected by different Tramadol side effects that would have an extremely negative effect on your organism. In addition, these effects can affect the way that Tramadol acts in a person.
- If you’re going to start any other treatment, you must tell your physician about it before taking Tramadol.
- This applies especially to ADHD drugs, such as Adderall or Strattera; antibiotics like erythromycin, telithromycin, rifampin or clarithromycin; antifungals, such as itraconazole, voriconazole or miconazole, cancer drugs, including imatinib and gefitinib); arrhythmia medications, including amiodarone, Tambocor or Quin-G; HIV drugs, such as atazanavir, delavirdine, ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir or saquinavir; high blood pressure medications, such as diltiazem or verapamil; headache and migraine drugs.
The aforementioned medications are not the only ones that can interact in a negative way with Tramadol. There is a lot of drugs in the market, therefore it is necessary to mention each and every medicine that must not be taken with this painkiller. It is advisable to consult the medical specialist about any medication before taking it.
Even if you follow all of these recommendations, there is a chance of medical interactions. In this instance, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Make sure that you take Tramadol in a proper way and benefited by getting an effective pain relief in your body.